Meeting Agenda – August 22, 2017
Regular Meeting of
The Marion Park District
Board of Commissioners
August 22, 2017
Boys Scout Cabin
Regular Meeting Agenda
1.Call to Order
2. Open Forum
3. Approval of August 22, 2017 Agenda
4. Approval of Regular Meeting Minutes: July 25, 2017
5. Approval of July 2017 Financial Report
6. Department Reports
b. Park Services
c. Aquatic Center
7. Commissioners Reports
8. Executive Session pursuant to 5 ILCS 120/2(c)(2) of the Illinois Open Meetings Act (if requested):
a. Executive / Closed Minutes – Discussion of minutes of meetings lawfully closed under Illinois Open Meetings Act, whether for purposes of approval by the body of the minutes or semi-annual review of the minutes.
b. Negotiations – the collective negotiations between public employers and their employees and deliberations concerning salary schedules for one or more classes of employees.
9. Reconvene to Open Session (possible actions following Executive Session)
10. Old Business
a. Discuss / Approve prioritizing / finalizing the list of Capital Projects.
11. New Business
a. Approval of Executive Session minutes from June 27, 2017 and July 25, 2017 to remain closed with or without exception.
b. Discuss / Approve FY18 hiring temporary employees for Park Service and Aquatic Center staff at Director Reed’s discretion.
12. Next Meeting Date: September 26, 2017
In accordance with the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act, any individual who is in need of a reasonable accommodation in order to participate in or benefit from attendance at the public meeting of the Marion Park District Board of Commissioners should contact Jack Reed, Director at 618-993-3940.